Sunday, October 18, 2009

Magic, Towers and Other Things

Okay so I currently have a million and one threads going on at once when it comes to planning my novel.

I am still trying to figure out what to call a witch, when he or she has strong abilities in two elements. ie. Sea and Sky, Land and Sea or Sky and Land. I need a term that means "mix" or something I think. But nothing JK Rowling-ish.

As for the Five Towers of Faerie (Arcadia to the Sidhe), figuring out what to name them is a real challenge. Figuring out the components of each is only slightly easier.

One thing I have discovered, however, is that my novel this year is being told by two major characters, Morgaine and Morwenna. In a sort of chronicle. Morwenna's part of the story kicks off when she's about sixteen years old. Pre-war. Possibly a few snippets of her life seen before then as well. But Morgaine will mostly be the front runner main character wise.

And a second revision of the Ynys Pryd Calendar is coming up, I might finally have figured out this Sidereal Time mess. How they world 365 days out of 13 x 27, I have no idea. Of course, maths isn't my specialty. So I'm going to have to go over the notes I snatched from the net.... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment